Update on COVID-19
posted: Apr. 13, 2020.
Early April 2020
Update on COVID-19
From the Doctors and staff of Colorado Foot and Ankle
- We are constantly monitoring the status of the COVID-19 virus and its' impact on health care and our ability to safely provide evaluation, management, and treatment to our patients.
- We have remained OPEN and continuously evaluate and update our safety standards.
- We have already readjusted our schedules to ensure that our patients spend a minimal amount of time in our reception area. In addition, we have set up our schedule so that each patient is almost immediately taken from check-in and placed in an examination room. We feel this greatly reduces exposure to you and to others.
- We feel that if you are in pain, or feel that without treatment, you might be in pain, that a visit is essential. We are fortunate as foot and ankle specialists that we can safely execute our jobs at a safe distance from our patients.
- We do not want to see that ingrown painful nail turn into an infection, or that callus or blister, becoming an urgent event that requires hospitalization, as that will increase your risk to COVID-19 exposure.
- We also have split our doctors and staff into two different teams with each team working together, on different days, to minimize risk.
- Our addition of telemedicine has been a huge success with many patients being able to be evaluated, without leaving their home.
- Again, please understand that although we remain open, if you are feeling ill, if you have been traveling recently, or if you feel like you might have signs of the COVID-19 virus (fever, dry cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing), please stay home and consult with your Primary Care Physician.
- We will continue to keep you informed through these email bulletins as things evolve.
WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER SO BE SMART, STAY SAFE AND STAY HEALTHY.