Posts for tag: plantar warts
Are you suffering from a wart? Do you want to know what you can do to make it better? If so, then look no further. Your Colorado Springs, CO, podiatrists Dr. Eric Gessner, Dr. Bryan Groth and Dr. Jacob Fassman can help you.
What is a wart?
You develop warts when a virus, called human papilloma virus (HPV), infects your foot. Warts are usually small growths on the skin and appear on the plantar side of your foot, which is essentially the bottom.
Plantar warts grow deep into the skin. Usually, this growth occurs slowly, with the wart starting small and becoming larger over time.
What types of warts are there?
The two types of warts are a solitary wart, which is when a single wart starts increasing in size and number, and mosaic wart, which are clusters of warts growing near each other.
What are some symptoms?
- Plantar warts sometimes look like calluses, so be on the lookout for thickened skin tissue
- Walking, standing, or squeezing the wart may cause pain
- You'll notice tiny black dots on the surface of the wart
How would your Colorado Springs podiatrist diagnose and treat your wart?
- Your doctor will examine your foot and look for the symptoms mentioned above
- Your doctor may also treat your wart by surgically removing it
- Oral and topical treatments, as well as laser therapy, cryotherapy, which is when your doctor freezes the wart, and acid treatments may be used to remove the wart
- You shouldn't under any circumstance try to remove the wart yourself since more damage may occur
- Be sure to follow your doctor's orders to avoid complications
For more information on removing plantar warts in the Colorado Springs, CO, you should call Colorado Foot and Ankle at (719) 475-8080 today!